Remove this ad

#161 [url]

Jul 22 13 2:51 AM

I can't remember if I read it on one of the articles here, (I just looked at them again quickly and can't find it), or somewhere else, but I read that someone registered the website "The Truth About Leah Remini (dot) com". The Scientology people have done that to others that have left their cult, as a way of smearing them.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#162 [url]

Jul 22 13 7:41 AM

I can't remember if I read it on one of the articles here, (I just looked at them again quickly and can't find it), or somewhere else, but I read that someone registered the website "The Truth About Leah Remini (dot) com". The Scientology people have done that to others that have left their cult, as a way of smearing them.

-nobodylikesanarcissist_nlan

Yep!

See these people are so sheltered (they are given special software for their comps that censors anti scientoology stuff) that they dont get that us WOGs (Scientology speak for NON SCIENTOLOGISTS) think Scientology is a joke and we know all their lies

Quote    Reply   

#164 [url]

Jul 31 13 8:41 PM

'Everything that's taboo will be in it:' Leah Remini to pen Scientology memoir... as director Paul Haggis comes out in support

By Daily Mail Reporter
|

View
comments

It's the news the Church of Scientology have probably been dreading.

High profile defector Leah Remini, 43, has revealed she's writing a tell-all book about her experiences within the controversial religion.

Speaking at the 15th annual DesignCare event in Malibu, Remini told Us: 'It will include my experiences, everything that's taboo to talk about.'

Standing by her: Leah Remini poses with her friend Holly Robinson Peete at the 15th Annual DesignCare held at a private estate in Malibu on Sunday night

Standing by her: Leah Remini posed with her friend Holly Robinson Peete at the 15th Annual DesignCare held at a private estate in Malibu on Sunday night where she admitted she'll be writing a tell-all tome

Paying no heed to the powerful enemies she has made since her split from the institution, she said: 'We stand united, my family and I, and I think that says a lot about who we are, and what we're about.'
The diminutive showed no signs of being bowed by the attacks on her character since she left Scientology as she posed with her friend Holly Robinson Peete.
Talking to People magazine she defended her choice to break with the church after 30 years.

'I believe that people should be able to question things,' she explained.
Meanwhile, Crash director Paul Haggis praised the actress in an open letter to The Hollywood Reporter, saying that she was one of just two high profile names who refused to disconnect from him after his defection in 2009.

'We stand united': Leah spoke out about her recent split from Scientology while at the event

'We stand united': Leah spoke out about her recent split from Scientology while at the event

'I believe that people should value family, and value friendships, and hold those things sacrosanct.

'That for me, that's what I'm about. It wouldn't matter what it was, simply because no one is going to tell me how I need to think, no one is going to tell me who I can, and cannot, talk to.'

Leah was said to have been ostracised and subjected to intensive interrogation within the religion.

The Church of Scientology said in a statement to MailOnline: 'The Church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no further comment.'

Telling all: Remini is writing her memoirs, and not holding back by all accounts

Telling all: Remini is writing her memoirs, and not holding back by all accounts

Former King Of Queens star Leah joined the Church with her mother in the 1970s after relocating to Los Angeles from Brooklyn to pursue her acting dream. 

Since her split with the institution prominent church members such as Kirstie Alley have appeared to attack their former friend.
The fallout from Remini's Scientology defection continues to gather momentum and has now enveloped another big name in the drama... Katie Holmes.

Tom Cruise's ex-wife may have left both him and the controversial religion, but Leah's sister, Nicole, has claimed in a widely reported interview that Holmes, now 34, joined 62-year-old Kirstie Alley in writing negative reports about the King of Queens star after Katie's 2006 wedding to Cruise.

According to Radar Online, Nicole, a former Scientologist, claims that both Holmes and Alley wrote ‘knowledge reports’ to the church about 43-year-old Leah’s behaviour. (Church followers are understood to be obliged to submit write-ups on fellow members' transgressions.)

The Church of Scientology strenuously deny any of the sensational allegations brought by Nicole.

Leah, who left the church after 37 years, apparently sparked the chain of events at Cruise and Holmes' Italian wedding when she and non-Scientologist friend Jennifer Lopez tried to change seats so they could be next to one another. 
Nicole told former Village Voice editor Tony Ortega, who then relayed it via his blog, The Underground Bunker: 'She wanted to sit with Leah, and so Leah went to make it happen.'
But a Hollywood publicist 'took exception to Leah’s request and complained to Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise that Leah was causing a scene,' Ortega described Nicole as telling him.

'Later, Leah asked other people at the event if she had caused a scene and they said she hadn’t,' Nicole says.
Unofficial mouthpiece: Nicole Remini (left) has been speaking out on behalf of her actress sister Nicole, both are ex Scientologists

Unofficial mouthpiece: Nicole Remini (left) has been speaking out on behalf of her actress sister Nicole, both are ex Scientologists

One friend of Nicole's then submitted a report to the church in support of the Brooklyn born star which led to four other people writing to the church about the incident, two of which were allegedly Holmes and Alley.

Nicole says Leah told a Scientologist friend what happened and the friend submitted a report to the church, taking Leah’s side.

'They wrote that Leah was an embarrassment to Scientology,' Nicole said. 'They said she ruined the wedding. All she did was ask to change her seat.'

Nicole has also claimed that Leah’s questioning of why church leader David Miscavige’s wife was not at the wedding and is rarely seen in public also caused the church to question her.

The night it all started: Remini and husband Angelo Pagan leaving the Cruise/Holmes nuptials in 2006

The night it all started: Remini and husband Angelo Pagan leaving the Cruise/Holmes nuptials in 2006

Where it all started: Leah began to question the church after Tom and Katie's 2006 wedding, it has been claimed

Causing a scene: It's claimed that Remini 'ruined' the big wedding, but she said she just wanted to move seats

Household name: Remini in a still for King of Queens with Kevin James and Jerry Stiller

Household name: Remini in a still for King of Queens with Kevin James and Jerry Stiller

Emergency meeting: A-list members of the Church Of Scientology's Celebrity Centre International in Hollywood allegedly gathered on July 10 to discuss how to deal with Leah's defection

Emergency meeting: A-list members of the Church Of Scientology's Celebrity Centre International in Hollywood allegedly gathered on July 10 to discuss how to deal with Leah's defection

Quote    Reply   

#165 [url]

Aug 1 13 2:26 AM

Good for her, but I hope she has some bodyguards.

Since this story broke I've been reading that her mother and sister were Scientologists too. I always thought she got into it herself, like most of these Hollywood people do.

So, that article cleared it up for me when it said:

Former King Of Queens star Leah joined the Church with her mother in the 1970s after relocating to Los Angeles from Brooklyn to pursue her acting dream. 

That make sense now because I just could not see her joining Scientology as an adult. She seems like she has probably always been an assertive person who wouldn't stand for being pushed around or controlled by other people. But, I guess if she grew up in this cult, she had no choice. I'm just surprised she didn't cut and run a lot sooner. Maybe it took time to convince her mom and sister to leave with her.

Quote    Reply   

#166 [url]

Aug 3 13 3:08 PM

Leah Remini Fears Personal & Confidential Scientology Files Could Be Released: Report

When Leah Remini left the Church of Scientology in July she also left behind nearly 37 years worth of confidential files and documents that the actress now fears could be released.
According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, the 43-year-old star is emotionally overwhelmed after leaving the controversial organization and because the church’s policy is to disconnect completely from those no longer with Scientology and she’s concerned her personal confessions during “audit” sessions may go public.
Former Scientology top exec Karen de la Carriere re-established contact with Leah when she left the church saying she was “brave” and “courageous” for standing up to the organization, but worries that when she left the church 2010 they used her “confessional folders” to convince her son, Heber Jentzsch, to disconnect from her — and they may do the same to Leah.
Church of Scientology spokesperson Karin Pouw denies that the church would make any such files public, telling Radar:
PHOTOS: Hollywood Stars Who Are Scientologists
“The answer is unequivocally no because we do not release private and confidential information and never will. We have responded countless times to this tired, false and outrageous allegation made by a handful of obsessed self-promoters with transparent agendas.
The Hollywood Reporter knows this, but doesn’t care because it and the tabloid media are only concerned about gimmicky ways to boost Internet traffic. Sadly, it continues to give a platform to discredited sources who will say anything and shamelessly exploit the personal lives of others if it gets them media attention.”
As Radar previously reported, Leah and her family have vowed that they won’t let the Church of Scientology tear them apart.
“Leah still has family and friends in Scientology. Her husband left with her, but others have not,” a source told Radar.
PHOTOS:  Scientology Celebrity Centre Celebrates Anniversary With Famous Members
“But she has made a pact with certain family members not to let her departure from Scientology tear them apart. This is significant because Scientology practices ‘disconnection’ where ex members are shunned by those still in the church, no matter what their relationship is.”
Being the most high-profile name to ever leave the church so publicly, Leah has the support of family, friends and colleagues.
Oscar-winning Crash director Paul Haggis recently said he “can’t express how much” he admires the former King of Queens actress for her brave decision to defect from the church.
“Leah is an incredibly strong woman and will get through this with the help of her family and her true friends,” he wrote in an open letter published byTHR.
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Tom Cruise’s Tricked Out SUV Made By Scientology Church Members
“She is kind and generous and loyal; she has always cared more about others than herself.”
Mike Rinder, former media spokesperson for Scientology told THR, “The church’s hard line is that you never air your dirty laundry in public and that instead you handle it all internally.
“Leah tried to deal with her concerns and questions internally and got smashed for it.”

Quote    Reply   

#167 [url]

Aug 4 13 8:56 AM

Leah Remini’s Departure Having ‘Huge Impact’ On Scientology

Leah Remini‘s very public split from Scientology is sending shockwaves through the organization.
“This has a huge impact on the church. Not only because such a high profile member is leaving and getting so much publicity for it, but also because she is raising issues that are already tearing the membership apart – disconnection, interrogations, fundraising, and the whereabouts of Shelly Miscavige,” former Village Voice editor and longtime Scientology investigative reporter Tony Ortega  told Fox News.
“Scientology is headed for a reckoning, and the celebrities are going to be forced at some point to account for all the abuse done in Scientology’s name,” he added.
PHOTOS:  Scientology Celebrity Centre Celebrates Anniversary With Famous Members
Former top Scientology official turned-anti-Scientology crusader Marty Rathbun agrees.
“Since Leah raised the issue of the imprisonment of Miscavige’s own wife, it is likely you will see more Scientology PR on being ‘human rights’ advocates’.”
As RadarOnline.com has been reporting, the former King of Queens star’s trouble with Scientology began when she was a guest at the Tom Cruise Katie Holmes wedding, and asked best man David Miscavige about the whereabouts of his wife, Shelly.
Shelly Miscavige wasn’t present at the ceremony is still M.I.A. from the public eye seven years later.
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Tom Cruise’s Tricked Out SUV Made By Scientology Church Members
Mike Rinder, another former top Scientology executive, whose role it was to control public relations disasters — like Remini’s departure — added that Scientology now would be in a “panic” trying to keep the faithful on board.
“The Ethics Officers are working overtime, but Miscavige’s personal troops, the ‘OT Ambassadors,’ are also being sent forth to do battle with the forces of evil,” he wrote on his blog, referring to the Scientology term “Operating Thetan,” which involves members achieving a number of different levels.
Rinder says he is still a Scientologist and believes in the church as it was originally conceived, but not the one that has evolved under the leadership of David Miscavige.
“I have known Leah Remini for many years. She is one of the most down-to-earth, honest and truly caring celebrities I came across in Scientology,” he added.  “Funny, endearing and abrasive all at once, she does not sit quietly when she knows injustices are being perpetrated on those who have no voice to speak for themselves.”
PHOTOS: Hollywood Stars Who Are Scientologists
Scientology spokespeople have declined to comment on Remini’s decision to leave the church, but have insisted that allegations made by Ortega, Rathbun and Rinder are categorically untrue.

Quote    Reply   

#168 [url]

Aug 4 13 2:22 PM

Will & Jada's Scientology school SHUT DOWN! Jaden & Kylie OVER! Willow goes out w/ special friend!!

129031902d61cd654beeec95a1970257

Hollywood “it” couple, Will Smithand Jada Pinkett Smith’s famed New Village Leadership Academy School in Calabasas, Calif., has reportedly closed its doors. The learning institution allegedly ran in to trouble when many of the students’ parents got wind of the school’s alleged religious slant and curriculum, which was said to be steeped in Scientology, according to The Inquisitr.

Collapse )

The school, which opened its doors back in 2008, was reportedly funded by the Smiths to the tune of millions of dollars. Allegedly, Will and Jada founded the academy in order to educate young children using the Study Tech Curriculum method of teaching, which was reportedly devised by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

When word began to circulate among the parents of the children who attended the school, though, that the institution was being used as a front for Scientology teachings, many were reportedly outraged.

According to an unnamed source who spoke with Star Magazine in their upcoming August 5th edition, the power couple — and their ties to the school — were not enough to keep the academy’s doors open, so it closed on June 28th, “Will and Jada put millions in to it [the school]. But there’s a lot more to a school than money – if people don’t agree with the teaching material, then all the money in the world won’t save it.”

Will and Jada’s children reportedly also attended the academy, but the celebs have denied that they are followers of the highly controversial Scientology. The pair have also denied that the private academy had any religious affiliation.

So far, neither Will nor Jada has commented on the school’s closing, but there is alleged talk of parental lawsuits stemming from the school’s teachings.

Source

The Kardashians may have given their blessing to the deepening relationship between Kylie Jenner and Jaden Smith, but his parents refuse to do the same. Closet Scientologists, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith, don’t believe in telling their kids what to do, however they are hoping that their son sees the light and distances himself from this fame whoring family sooner rather than later.

Collapse )

According to the Aug. 12th print edition of Star magazine Will thinks that Kris Jenner’s entire clan are cheeseballs and he thinks that being affiliated with the reality TV career whores could have a serious affect on Jaden’s blossoming film career. In his mind, bonafide actors do not do reality television if they want to be taken seriously – we agree that his is a pretty accurate notion. Plus Kylie has been spotted on several occasions out and about in LA with Lil Twist who is nothing but trouble.

jaden smith split

Twist is known for his drugging and general disregard for the law in general. Will doesn’t want Jaden even slightly associated with a guy like Twist either. Jaden and Kylie are at this point still seeing each other because Will believes that his son needs to come to his senses on his own here, but that doesn’t mean that he hasn’t planted some mental seeds. According to Jaden his dads’ best advice to date is not to have a girlfriend because “the stress is real”.

jaden smith 3

I bet it get even more real with Kylie and her family, don’t you think? Is there a chance that if Kylie hangs with Jaden she’ll keep her nose clean or is it more likely that she’ll drag Jaden with her to run with people like Twist? Do you think at some point Will is going to put his foot down if necessary or will he let Jaden make some huge mistakes instead? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!

Source

rsz article 2384408 1 b24128 f000005 dc 915 634x

She's known for her inappropriate fashion sense but this time she hit the right mark.

Willow Smith was the picture of pre-teen spirit as she set out for an afternoon of shopping at The Grove in Los Angeles on Friday with a gal pal. Will and Jada Smith's 12-year-old daughter was unusually festive in a yellow and bright orange short jumpsuit that showed off her skinny legs and yellow socks and black high-top trainers.

Collapse )

article 2384408 1 B24116 F000005 DC 176 634x890
Age-appropriate: Willow Smith, 12, traded her questionable T-shirts for a cute yellow and orange jumpsuit to go shopping at The Grove in Los Angeles with a friend on Friday

She even ditched the grey-white highlights in favour of her natural raven-black hair with some pretty green, pink and yellow low lights.

Willow wore her hair in twin pigtails and shielded her eyes behind dark shades as she strolled around the popular outdoor retail centre with her friend.

Perhaps she'd felt the sting of criticism last week when she wore a T-shirt advertising the 1974 film Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which some deemed too mature for the young star.

article 2384408 1 B24128 F000005 DC 915 634x914
Careful shopper: The pre-teen daughter of Will and Jada Smith was seen checking out some items at a booth with her friend

article 2384408 1 B241066000005 DC 844 634x935
A-plus: Willow hit high marks with her pretty green, pink and yellow low lights and pigtails, as well as her festive orange shoulder bag

As most horror movie buffs know, the Tobe Hooper-directed flick gruesomely depicts the slaying of a group of hitchhiking friends by a cannibalistic family. At the time of its release, it was banned in several countries and many theatres stopped showing it due to complaints of its bloody violent nature.

When she's not offending the masses, Willow is often raising eyebrows with her eccentric get-ups. Back in February, the youngest of the Smith progeny was seen wearing a bulky sweater coat paired with unlaced military boots, leggings, flannel shirt and a wild-patterned headband.

article 2384408 1 B24 DC1 E000005 DC 762 634x930
Platinum pet peeve: Willow, seen here shopping at a flea market in Hollywood on July 7, has ditched the irksome grey-white locks

Willow sings about a very grown-up affair in her new track Summer Fling, which fans have branded 'inappropriate.'

'It's just a couple months but we do it anyway,' Willow sings.

The lyrics continue: 'Don't really care what we do tonight. Good night kisses if the mood is right, laying by the beach with you wishing this will never end.'

Adopting a strange British accent she says: 'Thanks for the summer fling. It was nice.'

Source
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/#ixzz2b1fsoiIV

Quote    Reply   

#169 [url]

Aug 7 13 11:17 PM

Pressi you should try to read Jenna Miscaviage's book. It was mind blowing. That is one strong girl. I was shocked the Leah was involved in this cult. She seems like such a strong woman. Maybe it's because they "got her" when she was younger. I hope more people follow her out. I just want to know why the FBI or some other law organization isn't making them produce Shelly Miscaviage.  

-mtinde3

I am reading it now.
Each page I am more and more shocked

How can people allow themselves to be treated this way and think it is ok??

Mind- Blown

Quote    Reply   

#170 [url]

Aug 8 13 8:48 AM

I am reading it now.
Each page I am more and more shocked
How can people allow themselves to be treated this way and think it is ok??
Mind- Blown

-newmej

I wish i could read a book but my brains fried with these crazy hormones

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#171 [url]

Aug 8 13 5:03 PM

Report: Leah Remini
Files Missing Persons Report
for Scientology Leader's Wife
0808-leah-remini-tmzLeah Remini has reportedly filed a missing persons report with the LAPD regarding the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige ... this, less than one month after Leah severed ties with the Church.

TMZ spoke with the Los Angeles Police Department which confirmed there is an ongoing investigation into the whereabouts of Shelly Miscavige ... but wouldn't say if Remini has any connection to the case.

But according to the Hollywood Reporter, which cites sources close to the "King of Queens" star, Remini personally filed the report sometime after severing ties with Scientology last month.

According to several reports, Shelly hasn't made a public appearance in six years -- though in 2012, her attorney's issued a statement saying, "Any reports that [Shelly] is missing are false."

So far, no comment from Remini's people. Calls to Scientology have not been returned.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/08/08/leah-remini-shelly-miscavige-scientology-lapd-missing-persons-report/#ixzz2bPiY6nl9
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

WOOOHOOO, YOU GO LEAH

Quote    Reply   

#172 [url]

Aug 9 13 2:57 AM

Well, that was fast:

Scientology Leader's Wife
Cops Find Her

Exclusive Details
0808_scientology_logo_article_2
The LAPD has CLOSED its missing persons investigation involving the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige ... because cops had a face-to-face meeting with her ... TMZ has learned.

The investigation was launched after LAPD detectives received reports that Shelly Miscavige had not been seen publicly in 6 years.  As we previously reported, one of the people who contacted cops was actress Leah Remini.

Law enforcement tells TMZ they have determined the missing persons allegation is "unfounded."

One question we asked that we could not get answered ... Did cops determine Shelly was or was not being held against her will?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2bS7qGVPv
Visit Fishwrapper: http://www.fishwrapper.com

Quote    Reply   

#176 [url]

Aug 9 13 5:29 PM

Huh??

-nobodylikesanarcissist_nlan

The Rehabilitation Project Force, or RPF, is a controversial program set up by the Church of Scientology Sea Organization, intended to rehabilitate members of the Sea Organization (not everyday parishioners) who have not lived up to the Church expectations or have violated certain policies. As part of this program, and in addition to the application of Scientology procedures, members do manual labor tasks around Sea Org bases. There have been some reports of overwork and mistreatment at RPF facilities,[1] and the program can take years to complete.[2][3][4]

The Rehabilitation Project Force developed out of a predecessor group, the Mud Box Brigade, aboard L. Ron Hubbard's private fleet in the late 1960s. The mud box is a small perforated screening box fitted to the suction pipe in the bilge of a ship, and is designed to catch larger solid waste before it can choke the pipeline and potentially damage the pump. The Mud Box Brigade was assigned to clean out the mud box as well as fuel lines, water hues, bilges and so on.[5] As this involved cleaning foul-smelling waste by hand, it was understandably not a popular task.

Gold Base (also variously known as Gold, Int Base, or Int) is the international headquarters of the Church of Scientology. It is located in Riverside County, California to the north of San Jacinto and about 100 miles (160 km) from Los Angeles. The heavily guarded compound comprises about 50 buildings surrounded by high fences topped with bladed fences and watched around the clock by patrols, cameras and motion detectors. The property is bisected by a public road, which is closely monitored by the Church with cameras recording passing traffic.

Quote    Reply   

#178 [url]

Aug 26 13 9:31 AM

Scientology Exec Arrested In Bizarre Plot To Kidnap & Murder A Cop

The bizarre plot by two Las Vegas residents to kidnap, jail and murder a random cop just got a whole lot crazier.  One of the alleged would-be killers is a high ranking Scientology  executive!
Devon Campbell Newman, a 67-year-old grandmother, was arrested last week along with David Allen Brutsche, a 42-year-old registered sex offender and six-time felon.
Newman, it turns out, has been the public relations director for Scientology’s Celebrity Centre in Las Vegas for the past three years.
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Life After Scientology — Church Leader’s Niece Jenna Miscavige Hill
Law enforcement officials say the pair are members of the Right Wing group, Sovereign Citizen, an organization opposed to following laws and paying taxes.
Newman and Brutsche have been under investigation since April when they bought a vacant house they allegedly planned to turn into a jail where they would imprison a police officer while they held a faux trial for his perceived crimes.
According to the police report, Brutsche told an undercover cop “We need to arrest the police and take them to our jail and put them in a cell and put them on trial in a people’s court. If we run into the position that they resist, then we need to kill them.”
Newman admits to being a member of Sovereign Citizen but denies ever plotting to kill a cop.
PHOTOS: Leah Remini Is Gone, But These Celebrities Are Still Scientologists
“I am upset, because if this can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. I have felt for a while now the police are out of control. That they are stopping people and searching them with no probable cause,” Newman told Nathan Baca, a reporter from the Las Vegas CBS station.
“I align myself with people who, as our forefathers did, believe that in inalienable rights and that the Constitution restricts the government from what they can do.”
According to Tony Ortega, the former Village Voice editor who has become a top Scientology investigative reporter, Newman isn’t a newcomer to Scientology, she’s been a member of the controversial organization for an estimated 40 years.
She was even a member of the high-ranking Sea Org from approximately 2000 to 2004.  She’s spoken at interfaith events and put on a “how to make it in show business” seminar at her Celebrity Centre.
PHOTOS: Jenna Miscavige Hill Opens Up About Scientology
Asked repeatedly for a statement about Newman’s arrest and the charges against her, Scientology issued a statement that avoided using her name and suggested she wasn’t even involved with them!
According to the statement:
“Membership in groups which advocate violation of the law disqualifies an individual from membership in the Church of Scientology. Regarding your questions of activities of former rogue members of the Church more than 30 years ago, these people were removed from the Church by current leadership in the early 1980s and forbidden from ever serving again on Church staff. Their office was disbanded.”
Newman and Brutsche have been charged with Conspiracy to Commit Murder, Conspiracy to Commit Kidnapping and Attempted First Degree Kidnapping With Use of a Deadly Weapon.

Quote    Reply   

#180 [url]

Sep 13 13 6:58 AM

Scientology Has Changed Tom Cruise — Not For The Better — Says Former Friend And Co-Star

. As the Church of Scientology continues its public implosion, the organization’s most famous member, Tom Cruise, is in the cross hairs.
German actor Sky du Mont, who befriended Cruise during the filming of Eyes Wide Shut, says he’s witnessed a real change in the actor as he’s become more involved with the church over the past few years — and it hasn’t been an improvement.
Cruise “has really changed through this Scientology, which I think is a real shame,” du Mont told Germany’s RTL Television at an event earlier this week.
The German actor co-starred with Cruise and then-wife Nicole Kidman in Eyes Wide Shut and he says they hit it off so well during filming that they even went on a ski vacation together.
PHOTOS: The Church of Scientology Celebrity Centre’s 44th Anniversary Gala
“He was a great guy … ” du Mont says. “I was really good friends with him.”
Just a few years later, however, at the Bambi Awards in Berlin, “I ran into him again …” he says. “Said hi to him and he simply looked right through me. He never even acknowledged me.”
“He’s really changed through this Scientology,” he insists.
And he has praise for Kidman for getting out of the church and divorcing Cruise.
“[Tom] had a deep relationship with her,” du Mont explains. “But she didn’t want to be dominated by Scientology. She is a very strong woman.
Katie Holmes and Penelope Cruz also reportedly dumped Cruise over his connections with the church.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help