Remove this ad

#141 [url]

May 31 13 7:00 AM

Speaking of unchecked mental illnesses, if you haven't read the Vulture interview with Will and Jaden Smith, it is now your required reading of the day. If you ever wanted to know what somebody's head looks like in that's so deep up their own ass that they can see their own brain, Vulture is allowing you to see it in print form. In the interview, despite being on a quest to discover a new mathematical equation, that may or not be multidemensional, Will Smith says he is a student of all "world religions". However, Smith being a Scientologist is probably one of the worst kept secrets in Hollywood, so it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that he has been dispatched to indoctrinate you into Scientolgy without your knowledge. Matt Patches, the Movie Editor for Hollwood.com will fill you in.
In After Earth, Smith’s character Cypher Raige (ha!) is a commander in a human society that fled Earth 1,000 years ago. They escaped their ecologically-ravaged homeworld to a new planet that was picture perfect… minus a race of blind aliens with a thirst for the pheromones produced by fear. Convenient! What makes Cypher special is that he’s capable of “ghosting,” the ability to abandon fear and become invisible to the aliens. As we’ve seen in the trailers, circumstances eventually take Cypher and his son Kitai (Jaden Smith) back to Earth with company — a fear-hungry alien. Kitai ends up having to cross the terrifying forest land of Earth and his biggest problem is that he’s a total pussy. He is bubbling over with fear. He’s too fucking emotional and that makes him a huge target for the alien.

This struck me as Scientology 101. Cypher spends most of the movie guiding his son through the dangerous environments of evolved Earth, coaching him to drop his emotions and believe in his self. Fear is imaginary, a construct of the mind that can be abolished if you believe in your own abilities. To me, After Earth is all about cleansing the body’s “thetan,” or soul. If Kitai can leave behind the physical dangers of the world and invest in self-determinism, he’ll be triumphant. He’ll be a hero because he’s entitled to be one.

Scientology is all about personal survival — the the “first dynamic”— and that’s the key to Katai’s mission. Washing away the past, any bad decision he’s made, in order to come out on top. It’s the way his father has lived and it’s basically gone unpunished, even when he has massive mistakes on his record to show for it. Unlike many Hollywood science fiction movie’s, After Earth has an emphasis on self that I don’t believe is coincidence.

The auditing process also comes up. Kitai is stricken with memories of an ill-fated day back home, where he witnessed a love one perish at the hands of an alien invader. He was only a kid, but it kills him inside. This works like Scientology’s engrams, albeit a bit more overt. Through flashbacks, M. Night Shyamalan tortures his lead character with memories. The only way to make it to the end of his mission is to wash them away. So Cypher is giving Kitai his free stress test, one-on-one sessions between father and son that teach the emotionally involved child to put aside his feelings in favor of making the world a better place. The only thing missing is a 31st century E-meter.

So in this adaptation of Scientology, the bloodthirsty beast pursuing Kitai is psychiatric consideration. It’s destructive and murderous, preying on emotion and standing in the way of being a great soldier of the universe. But the spectacular world around Kitai during his multi-day trek through the jungle, and even the physical manifestation of Scientology’s anti-psychiatry stance, seems inconsequential in comparison to his own internal battle. After Earth is about the personal quest — the science fiction padding is just to make it appealing to the masses.
So there you have it. When you buy a ticket to see After Earth, David Miscavige is in an underground bunker petting a Persian cat while Tom Cruise almost jerks his chain out of the wall from sheer delight and Jenna Elfman rubs her nipples with an auditing machine. "Silence! Silence, my children! Let's wait until the new box office numbers come out, " L. Ron Hubbard's floating head will then say.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#142 [url]

May 31 13 11:00 PM

I'm sick to death of Will Smith and his whole family (including two of the fugliest and most obnoxious kids I've ever seen).

I was so glad to see this article at the top (main story) of Drudge earlier tonight (before the tornado hit). It's SO nice to know this movie is bombing. Maybe he should think about putting his kids back in school and letting them get an education before they need to earn millions of dollars a year.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-report-you-see-560758

Box Office Report: 'Now You See Me' Beats Will Smith's 'After Earth' Thursday Night

UPDATED: Summit's magician heist pic earned $1.5 million as it launched at 7 p.m. Thursday; "After Earth," opening at 9 p.m., takes in a soft $1 million and may have trouble crossing $25 million for the weekend in a major blow for the actor.

In a box office upset, Now You See Me beat Will Smith's sci-fi adventure After Earth as the two films rolled out in theaters Thursday night.

Nor are Friday matinee numbers bringing much relief for After Earth, which may struggle to open much past $25 million unless ticket sales pick up in earnest, versus the $35 million-plus the father-son adventure was expected to bring in. The film's performance is a rare blemish for Smith, considered one of the world's biggest stars.

After Earth -- starring Smith opposite his son, Jaden -- has pulled ahead of Summit's Now You See Me at the Friday box office, although that's not likely to bring much solace. On Thursday night, the Sony event pic grossed a tepid $1 million, while Now You See Me grossed $1.5 million (Now You See Me did have a two-hour jump on After Earth, opening at 7 p.m.).

After Earth is a passion project for Smith, who came up with the idea for the story and tapped M. Night Shyamalan to direct the $130 million film for Sony. The actor's character sits out much of the action in the film, with the younger Smith taking top billing.

The sci-fi epic has received dismal notices, with several reviewers raising parallels between the film and Scientology.

Universal's Fast & Furious 6 is widely expected to stay at No. 1 in its second weekend, with a gross in the $45 million to $50 million range.

Now You See Me, from Summit Entertainment, has been gaining strength in recent days. Directed by Louis Leterrier, the indie pic's ensemble cast includes Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher and Dave Franco. Many believe the film could now hit $20 million in its debut.

Quote    Reply   

#143 [url]

May 31 13 11:06 PM

Oh, Drudge is now linking to their new article:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/a-scientologist-reviews-earth-guest-561310

A Former Scientologist Reviews 'After Earth' (Guest Column)

After Earth Marc Headley - H 2013
Will Smith and Jaden Smith in "After Earth"; Marc Headley (inset)

Ex-church member Marc Headley says Will Smith's latest contains language, concepts and imagery plucked directly from the L. Ron Hubbard playbook.

I grew up in Scientology and worked at their international Sea Organization headquarters for 15 years. In 2005, I managed a desperate escape, which only succeeded thanks to the local county authorities. I wrote about my experiences in my best-selling book, Blown For Good: Behind the Iron Curtain of Scientology.

Who better, then, to investigate the whole Scientology debate surrounding After Earth, the new sci-fi movie from M. Night Shyamalan starring Will and Jaden Smith, than a former Scientologist -- one who's received counseling from Tom Cruise himself? I am in no way “glib” on the subject; I’ve done the research.

STORY: 'After Earth' as Scientology Propaganda: What Critics Are Saying

I saw the movie After Earth and took notes on any parallels or “coincidental” similarities to Scientology teachings. While most of the movie involves following Jaden Smith’s character as he faces off against apes, a large, angry bird and a leech, (none of which have much to do with Scientology -- besides maybe the leech), most of the Scientology influences play out in the film’s dialogue.

“Fear is a choice.”

Will Smith’s character, Cypher Raige, tells his son, Kitai: “Fear is not real. It is a product of thoughts you create. Now do not misunderstand me: Danger is very real. But fear is a choice

L. Ron Hubbard’s teachings insist that emotions and fear are triggers and are part of the reactive mind. Through Scientology, one is supposed to “rid oneself of your fears.”

“Be in the present moment.”

Through Scientology training, one learns how to be in “present time,” or PT as it is commonly referred to by insiders. In order to operate as a higher being and be in control over one’s environment, it is considered key that a person exist in present time and not react to the past.

“What do you touch, see, feel, smell?”

While undergoing certain types of Scientology counseling, you are asked to recall what you see, hear, touch and smell. This is part of putting yourself in the moment and observing the moment with “full perceptions.”

Besides the film's dialogue and its direct similarities to Scientology teachings, there are also some other clues in After Earth that cannot be ignored.

Volcanoes

The movie’s climax takes place on a volcano that could have been ripped right off the cover of Dianetics, the look is so similar. In Scientology, the volcano is a common thread through many different teachings. This image was used not only on the cover of Dianetics, but has also been used in many of Scientology’s TV ads over the years.

Then you have the intergalactic overlord Xenu who, in cahoots with the psychiatrists of the universe, imprisoned millions of souls, froze them and then dumped them into -- you guessed it -- Earth’s volcanoes. Of all the places in the galaxy! This is part of the upper-level teachings of Scientology that members only find out about after they’ve spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on Scientology counseling.

Robotic Emotions

Will Smith’s character is pretty much devoid of all emotions for the entire movie. While this may be part of his character or something that was directed in the script, in Scientology, one goes through great amounts of training and counseling to control one’s emotions and “mis-emotion,” as described by Hubbard. Anyone who has done even the smallest amount of Scientology training will recall sitting and staring at a person for hours on end without being allowed to blink, smile or turn one’s head. Will Smith pretty much masters that for the entirety of this movie.

Few people know that Battlefield Earth, the film adaptation of the Hubbard's novel produced by none other than famous Scientologist John Travolta, was meant to be a way to introduce Scientology to the masses. Even the story itself is a veiled reference to the story of Scientology versus the psychiatrists.

We all know how that turned out. Battlefield Earth is considered by many critics to be one of the worst films ever made. After watching After Earth, I would say that Battlefield Earth might have finally met its match.

Two Xenu thumbs down.

Quote    Reply   

#144 [url]

Jun 1 13 5:12 AM

Had the radio on at work and they do 'the movies' with Kevin Carr of Fat Guys at the Movies on Friday and he said it was terrible. 
I hope a million is all it makes. 

Quote    Reply   

#145 [url]

Jun 4 13 1:05 AM

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/first-box-office-after-earth-underperforming-now-you-see-me-on-track-fast-furious-6-still-holding-1-hangover-iii-lagging-star-trek-into-darkness/

Will Smith’s ‘After Earth’ Fizzles Behind #2 ‘Now You See Me’, ‘Fast 6′ Still Sizzles At #1, ‘Epic’ And ‘Hangover III’ Guzzle Overseas

SUNDAY 1:30 AM, 4TH UPDATE:
Still clocking in at #1 is Universal’s Fast & Furious 6 (3,686 theaters) which easily dominated the field again with $34M this weekend. The domestic cume should reach a huge $170M through Sunday. But the big story – or should I say,  the sad story – is Sony Pictures/Columbia’s After Earth (3,401 theaters) starring Will Smith and his son and directed by the now unwatchable M Night Shyamalan. Big online ticketseller Fandango first spotted the pic’s underperformance when After Earth ticket sales began lagging Lionsgate/Summit Entertainment’s Now You See Me (2,925theaters) on Thursday for shows beginning at 9 PM.

The magic-themed heist thriller amazingly overtook After Earth on Friday and stayed #2 all weekend, debuting with $27.5M for the weekend. That overperforms the $20M which the studio was predicting. This pic is breaking the so-called ‘movies about magic’ curse. (But it’s really a caper flick…) The film cost right around $75M with 2/3s mitigated by foreign sales since that’s the Lionsgate model. The studio notes that grosses were strong throughout Friday and into the evening which indicates a broad audience. “Older audiences attended the matinee performances, and the younger audience came out to our late shows,” an exec tells me. Directed by Louis Leterrier (Clash Of The Titans), scripted by credited screenwriters Ed Solomon and Boaz Yakin & Edward Ricourt, and produced by Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci, and Bobby Cohen, it has an ensemble cast including Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Dave Franco, and Common with showy roles for vets Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman. It earned an ’A-’ CinemaScore which should help word of mouth stay strong.

But #3 After Earth earned only a ‘B’ CinemaScore which won’t help or hurt word of mouth. It opened to a $26.5M weekend. That’s way less than the high $30sM to low $40sM which Sony was predicting and which tracking showed was possible right into Friday. On Friday, rival studios chortled its grosses were ”2.5 times worse than Jaden Smith’s Karate Kid reboot and half of Oblivion‘s opening” with Tom Cruise. Not hard to understand because reviews for the sci-fi newcomer were just plain awful: 13% positive on Rotten Tomatoes. To be fair, Sony Pictures rarely has a big underperformer like this. And rightly or wrongly depending on how much you care about Jaden Smith and/or nepotism in Hollywood, the studio positioned the movie as a broad family film, building on Jaden’s stardom from the worldwide hit The Karate Kid and reaching out to young teens and families. Will Smith’s residual mega-wattage was still strong enough to open the summer tentpole comfortably above $20M. But even that and Sony’s marketing prowess couldn’t overcome this Shyamalan meltdown, yet another in his string of box office stinkers which have made audiences and critics alike completely soured on him. (The director lost me forever after the execrable The Happening…) I’m told that Will really wanted M Night to direct – even though this subject matter decidedly wasn’t in Shyamalan’s wheelhouse - and they together developed the script for a “not terribly expensive” movie. But a budget of at least $130M is hardly insignificant. Still, given the fact that Smith has made billions for Sony Pictures, the studio felt it just couldn’t say no to its most successful movie partner. Now Smith and Sony must weather this very public failure. I’m told the studio worked “really hard” to fix this crapfest in post-production and that even an arrogant know-it-all like Shyamalan was aware the pic didn’t work but couldn’t fix it on his own. ”You keep hoping people are going to be as good as their best work,” one insider told me about this all-too-familiar filmdom situation. “Sometimes some collaborations bring forth amazing results. And some are not meant to be.” Without a solid opening in North America and no chance for a strong summer multiple, pic will have to depend on overseas grosses. Sony launched it internationally day and date in 3 locations this weekend, and Korea opened very strong, but the overseas rollout really begins next week and the week after. As for the studio, it still has projected winners coming up this summer like Grown-Ups 2Elysium, Smurfs 2, and This Is The End from the Superbad/Pineapple Express comedy team.

Hoping to fill that drought in PG family fare at the domestic box office, Twentieth Century Fox/Blue Sky Studios’ Epic (3,894 theaters, the weekend’s biggest count) came in #4 and should be grossing more domestically but isn’t. Even with a big Saturday kiddie bump of +65% from Friday, it’ll only earn a $16M second weekend and $64.7 cume. But the toon’s real story will be international where it released wide Friday.

In #5, Paramount’s Star Trek Into Darkness (3,585 theaters) did a $15.2M weekend and $181M domestic cume. Now a new crop of TV ads finally are targeting new moviegoers and driving traffic among non-Trekkies.

Warner Bros/Legendary Pictures’ The Hangover Part III  (3,565 theaters) was #6 for a disappointingly anemic $15M second weekend and so-so $87.1M cume. Still unclear if in the morning it will finish a place or two ahead or behind in the Top Ten. However, H3 began its overseas wide rollout this weekend and is doing huge international grosses just as expected. On Thursday, it opened in 25 markets and grossed $15.4M for an international cume of $48.2M. Taking advantage of the public holiday, Germany marked the best opening day of the year. Russia is off to an excellent start ranking #1. Other #1 countries include Italy and Brazil (heading into a 4-day holiday weekend). ”These are great numbers, especially when you consider how big Hangover II was internationally – $332M,” a Warner Bros exec tells me.

On Saturday night the only laugher in the marketplace The Hangover Part III had competition from the Vince Vaughn-Owen Wilson buddy comedy directed by Shawn Levy, The Internship, about middle-aged interns inside Google. PG-13 pic doesn’t officially open in 3,000-plus North American theaters until June 7th but Twentieth Century Fox quietly decided to sneak it in 300 theaters for one prime 7 PM show around the country. Hard to believe it’s been 8 years since these actors first teamed up for Wedding Crashers. Even harder to understand why New Line never did a sequel for that or Toby Emmerich didn’t snap up Vaughn’s original script for this. I’ve asked and received no satisfactory answer on both.

1. Fast & Furious 6 (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 3,686] PG13
Friday $10.5M, Saturday $13.6m, Weekend $34.0M (-65%), Cume $169.8M

2. Now You See Me (Summit/Lionsgate) NEW [Runs 2,925] PG13
Friday $10.0M, Saturday $10.9M, Weekend $27.5M

3. After Earth (Columbia/Sony) NEW [Runs 3,401] PG13
Friday $9.8M, Saturday $10.1M, Weekend $26.5M

4. Epic (Blue Sky/Fox) Week 2 [Runs 3,894] PG13
Friday $4.1M, Saturday $6.8M, Weekend $16.0M, Cume $64.7M

5. Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount) Week 3 [Runs 3,585] PG13
Friday $4.4M, Saturday $6.5M, Weekend $15.2M, Cume $181.0M

6. The Hangover Part III (Legendary/Warner Bros) Week 2 [Runs 3,565] R
Friday $5.2M, Saturday $6.0M, Weekend $15.0M (-64%), Cume $87.1M

7. Iron Man 3 (Disney) Week 5 [Runs 2,895] PG13
Friday $2.2M, Saturday $3.3M, Weekend $7.8M, Cume $384.5M

8. The Great Gatsby (Vill Roadshow/Warner Bros) Week 4 [Runs 2,635] PG13
Friday $1.9M, Saturday $2.2M, Weekend $5.8M, Cume $127.8M

9. Yeh Jawaani Hai Deew (Bollywood/Eros) NEW [Runs 162] NR
Friday $445K, Weekend $1.3M, Cume $1.3M

10. Mud (Roadside Attractions) Week 6 [Runs 580] PG13
Friday $319K, Weekend $1.2M, Cume $16.9M

For more estimates listed by title, see box office results here...

Quote    Reply   

#146 [url]

Jun 4 13 1:17 AM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/after-earth-end-will-smiths-561647

Could 'After Earth' End Will Smith's Box Office Domination?

After Earth Will Smith Jaden Smith - H 2013
"After Earth"

The sci-fi epic marks the actor's worst summer opening in two decades, putting intense pressure on the film's performance overseas.

If there's anyone whose been a sure-fire tentpole star, it's the affable Will Smith.

Until After Earth, that is. Over the weekend, the Sony sci-fi epic -- in which Smith stars opposite his son, Jaden --  crash-landed in North America with a dismal $27 million opening to come in at No. 3 behind holdover Fast & Furious 6 and new entry Now You See Me.

PHOTOS: 14 Movies Featuring Stars and Their Kids

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan, After Earth was Smith's passion project from the beginning. He came up with the idea for the story and was a guiding force in hiring Shyamalan. Sony, Smith's home studio, gladly ponied up $130 million for the budget.

For nearly two decades, every one of Smith's summer event films have opened at No. 1 in North America, from Independence Day to the Men in Black pics to Hancock, among others. Last year, Men in Black 3 debuted to $54.6 million domestically, preceded by Hancock's $62.6 million in 2008 (both films were Sony titles). And in December 2007, I Am Legend opened to $77.2 million.

Those aren't the only impressive statistics. Smith, 44, is the only actor to have eight consecutive films gross north of $100 million at the domestic box office and 10 consecutive films gross north of $150 million internationally. His top global earner is Independence Day ($817.4 million), followed by Hancock ($624.4 million) and MIB 3 ($624 million).

All told, Smith's movies have grossed north of $6.4 billion worldwide, making him part of an elite male actor's club whose upper echelons include Tom Hanks ($8.1 billion) and Tom Cruise ($7.6 billion) in terms of sheer dollars.

But, as has already happened to both Cruise and Hanks, Smith is suddenly finding his status as leading man challenged. Because Sony decided to open After Earth in primetime summer months, it raised the movie's exposure.

PHOTOS: 30 Groundbreaking Sci-Fi Films

Three of the actor's fall and winter dramas opened lower than After Earth, but the stakes weren't as high. Seven Pounds debuted to $14.9 million in December 2008, while The Pursuit of Happyness took in $26.5 million in December 2006. Ali, opening on Christmas Day in 2001, bowed to $14.7 million.

Ali was considered a mild box office disappointment for Smith, grossing $87.7 million worldwide. Seven Pounds went on to earn north of $168 million worldwide, while Pursuit of Happyness -- also co-starring Jaden Smith -- took in $307.1 million.

Commenting on After Earth's troubling domestic opening, Sony president of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer said the studio has always considered the movie a "world play," in reference to Smith's standing overseas, where he is an even bigger star (last year, MIB 3 grossed $445 million overseas, compared to $179 domestically).

After Earth opens in 60 countries later this week, looking to get a jump on the international rollout of Superman pic Man of Steel. The only foreign market where After Earth debuted day-and-date was South Korea, grossing a so-so $2.7 million to come in at No. 2 behind the $5 million opening of Star Trek Into Darkness. As a way of comparison, I Am Legend debuted to $5 million in South Korea. 

Quote    Reply   

#149 [url]

Jul 11 13 3:46 PM

http://m.usmag.com/?redirurl=/celebrity-news/news/leah-remini-leaves-church-of-scientology-calls-it-corrupt-report-2013117?utm_source=dailynewsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

Leah Remini Leaves Church of Scientology, Calls It "Corrupt": Report
JULY 11, 2013 | 2:30PM EDT

The Church of Scientology has one less celebrity among its ranks, according to a new report: Leah Remini. The New York Post's Page Six claims that the King of Queens actress, 43, has made a "dramatic break" from the talked-about religion long connected with Hollywood stars Tom Cruise**, John Travolta** and Kirstie Alley, among others. The newspaper goes on to report that the former Talk co-host had questioned and objected to many common practices within the Church, and criticized its leader, David Miscavige -- and as a result, had been subjected to many years of "interrogations" and "thought modifications."

"She is stepping back from a regime she thinks is corrupt," a source is quoted as saying in Page Six. Specifically, Remini had "questioned the validity of excommunication of people," the source says. "She thinks no religion should tear apart a family or abuse someone under the umbrella of 'religion.'"
Remini's skepticism supposedly began, of all places, at the 2006 wedding of Cruise and Katie Holmes in Italy -- where Remini asked about the whereabouts of David Miscavige's wife, Shelly, who reportedly had not been seen in public since 2007.

After a Church official scolded her, Remini was then "put through interrogations and blacklisted" and endured five years of "thought modification," the Page Six source says. "It's not about wanting or not wanting to do Scientology," the source continues in Page Six's story. "The issue is that [Miscavige] is taking down this church and hurting people and families."
The first report of Remini's departure and disagreements with the Church -- including the incident at Tom Cruise's wedding -- appeared on Tony Ortega's Scientology blog on July 9.

A rep for the Church of Scientology tells Us Weekly of Page Six's story: "The Church respects the privacy of parishioners and has no comment about any individual Church member."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Leah Remini Leaves Church of Scientology, Calls It "Corrupt": Report

Quote    Reply   

#150 [url]

Jul 11 13 4:44 PM

Thank God! Ive always liked her, and just couldnt watch her shit because of her cult, now I can!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#151 [url]

Jul 11 13 4:56 PM

M. Night hasn't had a critical hit since Unbreakable.

I didn't know he backed out of "Life of Pi" to direct "Lady in the Water" - maybe he should've been more patient like Ang Lee.

Quote    Reply   

#153 [url]

Jul 11 13 7:22 PM

Has anyone read Jenna Miscaviage's book? It's really informative.

-ozntm

Would love to but I never have the concentration anymore to read anything, I did read Roberts book cause I had to..I was so amped up to do it,

Quote    Reply   

#154 [url]

Jul 11 13 8:43 PM

M. Night hasn't had a critical hit since Unbreakable.I didn't know he backed out of "Life of Pi" to direct "Lady in the Water" - maybe he should've been more patient like Ang Lee.

-suzuoka

Honestly, I doubt think M. Night has a patch on Ang Lee.

gift of grab

Quote    Reply   

#155 [url]

Jul 15 13 5:40 PM

Warning Sign Surfaces: Attack On Leah Remini Appears Imminent After Leaving Scientology

pp_leahremchurchscientology
Just days after Leah Remini confirmed she left the Church of Scientology,  a website was registered that is identical to other websites attacking   ex-church members and critics.
On July 11, WhoIsLeahRemini.com was registered with GoDaddy.com. The website isn’t live yet, and doesn’t have any content.
PHOTOS: Hollywood Stars Who Are Scientologists
Interestingly, during e-mail communications with a spokesperson with the Church of Scientology regarding former member Mike Rinder, and journalist, Tony Ortega, we were told, “I provide links with documentation of their (Mike Rinder and Tony Ortega).”
Former high ranking member, Marty Rathbun, and now practicing independent Scientologist, also is the subject of a website, whoismartyrathbun.com. Ex-Scientologists, Amy Scobbe and Tom DeVocht have similar websites dedicated to airing their dirty laundry.
EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Tom Cruise’s Tricked Out SUV Made By Scientology Church Members
RadarOnline.com has been unable to confirm any ties between the websites and the Church of Scientology.
But now it looks like the first step has been taken to subject Remini to the same treatment as other people viewed as anti-Scientology.
King of Queens star Leah Remini‘s decision to leave Scientology infuriated Kirstie Alley who questioned church executives about what they were going to do about the situation.
Alley is one of Scientology’s high-profile celebrities, along with Tom Cruise and John Travolta and has not publicly commented on Remini’s defection from the church.
PHOTOS:  Scientology Celebrity Centre Celebrates Anniversary With Famous Members
But journalist Tony Ortega, who broke the story of Remini dumping Scientology, claims in a new report that Alley is angry at Remini and a meeting was called for church officials to brief celebrities on the situation.
Ortega, whose anti-Scientology website broke the story of Remini leaving the church, claims in his new report:
A meeting was called for Alley and other celebrities to get a briefing from church executives about what was going on and what they planned to do about it. The meeting was held at the home of Melinda Brownstone – a longtime Scientologist.
On July 10, Alley sent out this cryptic tweet: “the sweetest poison is often served with a smile…beware syrup.” Ortega claims that tweet was directed at Remini and that Alley made several calls asking church officials what they were going to do about the defection.
PHOTOS: Life After Scientology For Jenna Miscavige-Hill
But Remini’s defection has caused major ripples about Scientology and its leadership, with multiple sources claiming Remini ­like others­ is fed up with the church’s leadership, rather than its ideals.Brownstone, according to Ortega, is the godmother of Remini’s daughter. Brownstone refused to comment on the situation to Ortega, according to his report.
Remini released one statement and has stayed quiet about the specifics behind her decision to abandon the church. The church has angrily denounced reports that she was subject to “thought modification” and nefarious speculation about whey church leader David Miscavige‘s wife has rarely been seen in public in the last five years. (Ortega says she has been seen once in all that time and Remini questioned why, setting off a years-long chain of events that led to her departure.)
But now it looks like the first step has been taken to subject Remini to the same treatment as other people viewed as anti-Scientology.

Quote    Reply   

#156 [url]

Jul 19 13 6:25 PM

The drama behind King of Queens star Leah Remini’s defection from Scientology after 37 years has grown more intense, with Leah’s sister Nicole claiming that both Katie Holmes and Kirstie Alley wrote reports to the church about the star.
Nicole, a former Scientologist, has dropped a series of bombshells about why Leah decided to leave the church, as RadarOnline has reported.
In a new interview she claims that both Holmes and Alley wrote ‘knowledge reports’ to the church about Remini’s behavior – behavior that the church viewed as negative.
The bizarre events behind the scenes at Scientology, filled with A-list star power, are now being described by former members for the first time.
Remini encountered trouble at Tom Cruise’s wedding to Holmes in 2006 when she tried to help her friend Jennifer Lopez change her seating assignment.
In a new interview Nicole told former Village Voice editor Tony Ortega that Lopez asked Leah to see if she could help get her seat changed.
“She wanted to sit with Leah, and so Leah went to make it happen,” Nicole said. But a Hollywood publicist “took exception to Leah’s request and complained to Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise that Leah was causing a scene,” Ortega writes that Nicole told him.
PHOTOS: Tom Cruise’s Tricked Out SUV Made By Scientology Church Members
“Later, Leah asked other people at the event if she had caused a scene and they said she hadn’t, Nicole says.”
Nicole says Leah told a Scientologist friend what happened and the friend submitted a report to the church, taking Leah’s side.
That led to four people – including Holmes – writing ‘knowledge reports’ to the church about Leah and the “incident,” claims Nicole.
“They wrote that Leah was an embarrassment to Scientology,” Nicole says. “They said she ruined the wedding. All she did was ask to change her seat.”
Nicole has previously claimed that Leah’s questioning of why church leader David Miscavige’s wife was not at the wedding and is rarely seen in public also caused the church to come down on her.
PHOTOS: Nazanin Boniadi Through The Years
When Leah returned from the wedding in Italy the church told her to go to Scientology’s spiritual headquarters in Clearwater, Florida, Nicole told Ortega, adding Leah thought she would be moving up on the ladder that is part of the religion.
But far from spiritual enlightenment, Leah was put on “a brutal combination of sec-checks and something called ‘The Truth Rundown,’” Ortega writes from Nicole’s interview.
“She didn’t get to go to OT 7,” Nicole said of Leah’s time in Florida and attempt to progress in the religion. What’s more, “after three months, they charged her $300,000,” Nicole says.
And Leah’s older sister also claims that Kirstie Alley filed a ‘knowledge report’ about Leah years later.
In 2011 Paul Haggis left the church, leading to a major magazine article about his objections to certain church practices.
PHOTOS:  Scientology Celebrity Centre Celebrates Anniversary With Famous Members
Leah “reached out” to Haggis on Twitter, says Nicole.
“This time, however, it was Kirstie Alley who turned Leah in, writing a Knowledge Report about Leah’s Twitter interaction with Haggis,” Ortega writes, based on Nicole’s interview.
“Nicole says Leah found out about Alley’s report from an ethics officer (of the church).”
Now tensions are simmering just below the surface between Alley and Nicole, with Alley sending out cryptic tweets claiming “a lie is being perpetuated.”
She has not named Leah or Nicole but Nicole has slammed Kirstie for her behavior toward Leah.
The storm surrounding Leah’s departure from Scientology shows no signs of lifting.
PHOTOS: Life After Scientology For Jenna Miscavige-Hill
In various comments to Radar, a spokesperson for the church has attacked Ortega, accusing him of being an anti-Scientology crusader.
But Nicole has been a harder target for the church, because she grew up as a Scientologist and when she left years ago she did not publicly bash it.
A Scientology spokesperson issued this statement to Radar about Nicole and her claims from the Cruise wedding plus other charges that Scientologists have been told to “disconnect” or break ties with Leah:
“The statements by Ms. Remini-Wiskow are absurd. Considering how big a wedding it was and her sister’s comments published in the media about what a good time everyone had, it is pretty unbelievable this is the story being told. Further, she hasn’t been in the Church since 2005, has no personal knowledge of any events described and knows firsthand that her own sister did not “disconnect” from her. Contrary to myths spouted by… anti-Scientologists, the Church cannot and does not “order” any parishioner to disconnect. Such a decision always has been and remains a deeply personal choice made entirely by the individual. This has been spelled out clearly on our website for years.”
Scientology also claims that Miscavige’s wife is still around, fine and active in the church.

Quote    Reply   

#157 [url]

Jul 19 13 6:26 PM

Scientology ‘Mean Girls’ Kirstie Alley & ‘The X-Factor’ Star Stacy Francis Team Up Against Leah Remini, Her Sister Claims

WENN/Getty Images/FameFlynet
WENN/Getty Images/FameFlynet
Kirstie Alley isn’t the only Scientologist posting cryptic tweets in the wake of Leah Remini’s departure from the church.
Leah’s sister, Nicole Remini-Wiskow tells RadarOnline.com that The X Factor star Stacy Francis, who once performed at Scientology functions, is standing alongside Kirstie in making Leah’s life miserable.
On Sunday night, Kirstie tweeted a mysterious message to Stacy: “Oy!!! are you coming Tuesday night?? M has the details!”
As RadarOnline.com reported, Scientology critic Tony Ortega claimed that Kirstie hosted a Scientology crisis meeting at the home of Melinda Brownstone.
From Thetans to Xenu! Seven Things You Didn’t Know About Scientology
On Tuesday, Stacy then retweeted Kirstie’s post insisting her tweets about being betrayed by a friend were not about Leah.
Leah’s sister responded on Twitter, writing: “We know this girl who will have a show about being a Christian in Hollywood. Yet, she is siding with people who acting [sic] in evil. Interesting.” (Stacy has said she is in the “beginning stages” of filming a reality show.)
Stacy then responded with “nasty things on Twitter” in a Mean Girls like barrage, Nicole says.
Stacy deleted the tweets, but in messages recovered by RadarOnline.com, she writes, “People are so shady!! Say it if you got the nerve! Say it! don’t be cryptic!! Get the balls to say it to me! AND!ONLY IF YOU KNOW THE TRUTH!…DON’T BE A SHIT STARTER @nicoleremini YOU BETTER NOT BE TWEETIN ABOUT ME! Oh and nice you are friends again with your OWN SISTER Don’t do it…DEAR SELF>>>>>>GO TO BED! Dealing with bulimic crazy people won’t help you tonight.”
“Like, really?” Nicole says…”Wait a minute Stacy. We were the only ones that stood by you when your family and friends all abandoned you when you got pregnant by that mysterious man whose name we’re not supposed to mention.” Stacy’s baby daddy is Bishop Noel Jones, as RadarOnline.com has reported.
“Leah gave her money,” Nicole claims. “When Stacy wanted to be on The X Factor Leah set that up for her. My sister let her back into her life and all of a sudden she goes and writes this nasty tweet.”
“Leah is not the type of person to cause trouble like that,” Nicole says, and she’s shocked to see former friends go by the wayside. “We had no idea it was going to be like this.”

Quote    Reply   

#159 [url]

Jul 21 13 8:59 AM

>>>>>>>>>> Leah Remini‘s shocking decision to leave Scientology continues to have repercussions for the King of Queens star.
“The s**t has hit the fan and everyone is scattering like roaches. Only her real friends are left,” TV and radio host Michelle Visage told  former Village Voice editor Tony Ortega.
As RadarOnline.com has been reporting, Ortega broke the story of Remini’s defection from the controversial organization on his Scientology watchdog blog.
Visage, a popular radio personality and a judge on the VH1 series, RuPaul’s Drag Race, has counted Remini as one of her closest friends for more than a decade.
“I’m seeing people who called on her and needed her over the years, and all of a sudden people forget the meaning of friendship. It disgusts me, actually.” Visage said.
“Not one person has stood up to say, ‘No, I’m not going to abandon my friend.’ That’s amazing to me,” Michelle told Ortega. “The Remini family gave Scientology millions of dollars, and for her to be treated this way is incredible.”
PHOTOS: Scandalous Hollywood Ladies
Remini’s entire family left Scientology along with her, the actress’ sister, Nicole Remini-Wiskow  told Radar in an exclusive interview, and she too spoke about Leah feeling abandoned by so many people she thought were her friends.
Visage’s best description of Remini right now is “sad,” she revealed to Ortega.
“All of these people she thought were her friends are scattering. It’s like roaches, I’m not kidding. And it’s very difficult for her. Under the tough chick there’s a human being.”
In a statement to Radar, a spokesman denied that Scientology encourages followers to disavow people who leave their organization.
From Thetans to Xenu! Seven Things You Didn’t Know About Scientology
“Contrary to myths spouted by anti-Scientologists, the Church cannot and does not ‘order’ any parishioner to disconnect. Such a decision always has been and remains a deeply personal choice made entirely by the individual,” the spokesperson said.

Quote    Reply   

#160 [url]

Jul 21 13 12:17 PM

Pressi you should try to read Jenna Miscaviage's book. It was mind blowing. That is one strong girl. I was shocked the Leah was involved in this cult. She seems like such a strong woman. Maybe it's because they "got her" when she was younger. I hope more people follow her out.

I just want to know why the FBI or some other law organization isn't making them produce Shelly Miscaviage.  

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help