Remove this ad

#41 [url]

May 25 13 8:14 AM

She Didn’t Even Recognize Her Own Daughter

mother daughter fighting[Naughty But Nice Rob] Which talk show host, who is coming to the end of her career, didn’t recognize her own daughter when she came to visit her mother in her studio’s audience?
The show was producing a special-themed mothers and daughters show and executives thought it would be nice to surprise the host with her own daughter. However, after years of a troubled relationship and spending a lot of time apart, she picked the wrong young lady in the crowd when she was told her daughter had come to surprise her.
Luckily, the show was taped and the embarrassing incident was edited out – now it is just alive in the staff’s memory who witnesses the TV lady being unable to recognize her own baby! OUCH
Talk Show Host:
Show:
Daughter:
Share Button

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#43 [url]

May 25 13 10:35 PM

She Didn’t Even Recognize Her Own Daughter[image][Naughty But Nice Rob] Which talk show host, who is coming to the end of her career, didn’t recognize her own daughter when she came to visit her mother in her studio’s audience?
The show was producing a special-themed mothers and daughters show and executives thought it would be nice to surprise the host with her own daughter. However, after years of a troubled relationship and spending a lot of time apart, she picked the wrong young lady in the crowd when she was told her daughter had come to surprise her.
Luckily, the show was taped and the embarrassing incident was edited out – now it is just alive in the staff’s memory who witnesses the TV lady being unable to recognize her own baby! OUCH
Talk Show Host:
Show:
Daughter:
[image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image][image]May 24th, 2013 | Tags: family, television | Category: Uncategorized

-preesi

That certainly sounds like Barbara Walters and The View, but I don't remember from reading about the show at TWoP that they mentioned anything about Mother's Day this year. It would have to have been on the Friday before Mother's Day or the Monday after. The Monday after, though, was the day that Barbara officially announced her retirement and all the ABC and Disney bigwigs were in the audience. No one at TWoP ever mentioned her daughter being there.

Btw, the conversation at TWoP for that day's show was so funny. Apparently, Barbara spent the first half hour of the show playing tribute to herself and her wonderful career. The consensus at TWoP was that it was insufferable, nauseating, and highly embarrassing. Someone linked to a good Salon article about her and her retirement too.

So, I just looked back through the comments at TWoP for any mention Mother's Day and all I saw was this:

Posted May 13, 2013 @ 10:08 PM
Actually sometimes I feel badly for Barbara and her daughter. When  you are  83ish, while entering her long goodbye, her daughter is not around  for Mother's Day even though I think she lives in New England. Expense would not enter into it and to me what is sad is the disinterest - or the reasons behind it. A quick flight, a night in NYC, brunch, home again in 2 days.

And - unless I missed it - no real discussion from any of the co-hosts on Mothers Day from a show for and about women......other than Bab's card.

Quote    Reply   

#45 [url]

May 26 13 12:03 AM

I haven't read all of the above, but her daughter got picked up in FL last week for DUI.  You all saw that, right?

-bjcongelosi

Yep, I saw the TMZ article linked at TWoP recently and I posted it at the bottom of page 2.

And now the GOOD news. Hoping, hoping, hoping this is true:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/05/21/the-view-hasselbeck-will-make-exit-announcement-in-june

“The View”: Hasselbeck Will Make Exit Announcement in June

_Elisabeth.Hasselbeck

Roger Friedman

Exclusive: in case you were wondering changes at “The View” are not over. Joy Behar is leaving, Barbara Walters will retire in a year. But more is afoot. As I told you months ago, Elisabeth Hasselbeck is still leaving. “She will make her announcement in June,” says a source. The show will be reruns in August, and return after Labor Day with two new cohosts.

As I also reported Brooke Shields is still desired by the show. Brooke told me recently that she had not been offered a contract yet. But sources say it’s likely. Also, “they’re looking at Jenny McCarthy,” says a source. Each would be excellent choices to join Whoopi and Sherri and Barbara in her final year.

So stay tuned…

===========================

People at TWoP think that the rumors about Hasslebitch must be true. She and Barbara never really denied it when Barbara addressed the rumors a couple of months ago. More interesting is the fact that Elisabitch has been taking off at least one day a week every week lately. It seems they're auditioning not just for Joy's seat, but also hers.

They also said Brooke has been on quite a bit as a guest host lately, and people seem to like her. When Jenny McCarthy co-hosted, even people who don't like her thought she did a great job, much better than any of the idiots they currently have.

Quote    Reply   

#46 [url]

Jun 19 13 6:32 AM

Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s Departure From The View Is Confirmed, Then Denied By Sherri Shepherd!

secretsarenofun
Those ladies at The View sure know how to spill secrets!
And in the case of Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s supposed firing, they just keep spilling them then taking them back!!
Sherri Shepherd, one of Hasselbeck’s co hosts, appeared on The Wendy Williams Show just recently. When Williams asked about what was going on at The View, Sherri immediately said:
"Oh my gosh girl, so many changes! I can't believe it! The two black women are left. Usually they kill us off in the beginning."
Williams quickly caught on, and replied:
"So if the two black women are left, then you've just confirmed that Hasselbeck is out."
CAUGHT YOU!! But then Shepherd took it back!!!
She insisted:
"No, I did not. She's going to be there. We're all going to be there next season."
Yeahhhh… we already know THAT’s not true. Joy Behar has already confirmed that she’s leaving in August. Nice try, though!
Pretty sure this is as much confirmation as we're going to get before the official statement!
[Image via C. Smith/WENN.]

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#47 [url]

Jul 8 13 7:26 AM

Jenny McCarthy "In Serious Talks" to join The View as Joy Behar's Replacement!!!

Jenny McCarthy is reportedly joining The View. McCarthy would be replacing Joy Behar, who is leaving the morning talkshow in August, a source told Us Weekly.

"She is in serious talks right now. Her show isn't quite working out, so she's definitely open to it." "The cast get a kick out of Jenny," a source said. "She's a good fit. She may not be able to carry a show, but she works well with a group ensemble."

Brooke Shields is also again rumored to be joining The View. She was previously rumored to replace Behar back in April - however, another insider told Us Weekly that Shields could take over Elizabeth Hasselbeck's seat. In March, Hasselbeck was speculated to be exiting the show, but co-host Barbara Walters denied her departure.

During the past several years, the 40-year-old has dabbled in hosting, from reporting from Times Square for New Year's Rockin' Eve special to her own VH1 show, The Jenny McCarthy Show.

The cable show received a seven-show pickup after its initial airing, but the viewers didn't seem to catch on to the late-night show. It has not been cancelled by VH1 yet, but it is unlikely that it will be renewed for next season.

DigitalSpy
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/#ixzz2YS6ieSWj

Quote    Reply   

#49 [url]

Jul 9 13 7:49 PM

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaves 'The View' for Fox News Channel

UPDATED: The longtime panelist will officially depart the ABC daytime series at the end of the season, filling the chair of Gretchen Carlson on cable network's daily "Fox & Friends" -- while the veteran moves to her own signature program.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck The View Key Image - H 2013
ABC/BOB D'AMICO
Elisabeth Hasselbeck
Elisabeth Hasselbeck is heading to Fox News. The cable news network announced Tuesday that The View panelist will depart her ABC series and make the move to cable this fall as a part of Fox & Friends.
As The Hollywood Reporter previously reported, Hasselbeck's departure from The View was expected as part of a revamping that sees the exit of Joy Behar and the upcoming retirement of Barbara Walters.
PHOTOS: THR's 35 Most Powerful People in Media
Walters chimed in on Hasselbeck's departure in the announcement. "We have had ten wonderful years with Elisabeth and she will now be swimming in new waters," said the TV news veteran. "We will miss her and wish her everything good.”
FOX News chairman and ceo Roger Ailes, who made the announcement, also chimed in. “Elisabeth’s warm and engaging personality made her a star on The View," said Ailes. "She has proven to be an excellent conversationalist and I am certain she will make a great addition to our already successful morning franchise.”
Hasselbeck's move to Fox & Friends has her joining current co-hosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade come September. Current co-host Gretchen Carlson has received her own one-hour signature daytime series in the shake-up. That will also begin in early fall.
PHOTOS: Jenny McCarthy in Talks to Join 'The View' as Part of On-Camera Facelift
“I am excited to further advance my career and am thrilled to have the opportunity to host my own show in daytime and look forward to showcasing my skills as an interviewer and journalist in a more in depth manner," added Carlson, who's been with Fox & Friends since 2006.
News of Hasselbeck's new job comes on the heels of Jenny McCarthy starting talks to replace Behar on The View. The loss of three panelists within the year means that the veteran daytime talker will be undergoing a substantial on-camera facelift -- something that might help curb its ratings dips.
Walters had previously denied reports of Hasselbeck's exit, particularly one story that claimed polled viewers found her "too extreme and right wing."
And Hasselbeck is not the only View alum to get a new job on Tuesday. Hours before word of her move broke, NBCUniversal made official its plans to have founding View panelist Meredith Vieira her own syndicated talk show.
"I have been a long-time fan of Fox & Friends and am excited to be joining their team in September," said Hasselbeck. "It is an honor to call the Fox News Channel my new television home."

Quote    Reply   

#50 [url]

Jul 15 13 1:31 PM

McCarthy Joins The Panel

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The comedian-actress will fill one of the open slots on ABC’s popular daytime talk show this fall.

Longtime The View fans already have some sense of what she’s like on the panel. McCarthy, has made 17 previous appearances on the show, including eight as a guest co-host. For months the media has speculated that McCarthy is likely to fill a vacancy on the show.

The View saw the departure of longtime co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck last week to Fox News, while Joy Behar will leave next month. Founding co-host Barbara Walters has announced she will leave the show next summer, but will remain on the show as a producer.

“Jenny brings us intelligence as well as warmth and humor,” Walters said in a statement. “She can be serious and outrageous. She has connected with our audience and offers a fresh point of view. Jenny will be a great addition to the show as we usher in an exciting new chapter for The View.”

“I’m beyond thrilled … I look forward to helping make hot topics a little bit hotter, and showing my mom that my interrupting skills have finally paid off,” McCarthy added in a statement.

McCarthy, 40, also thanked VH1 for allowing her to take the gig. She was under contract to her new late-night talk show, The Jenny McCarthy Show, on the cable network, but the program wasn’t a ratings breakout anyway. The former Playboy Playmate became a celebrity name as the goofy-sexy host of MTV’s Singled Out, has had guest star roles on several sitcoms and pens an advice column.

McCarthy will join the 17th season of The View which begins Sept. 9.
SRC
Read more at ONTD: http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/#ixzz2Z8Waj7sO

Quote    Reply   

#51 [url]

Jul 30 13 7:36 AM

............. Hoda Kotb is coveted by producers of The View, RadarOnline.com has learned, as ABC is “very interested” in landing the dynamic TODAY show personality to replace the outgoing Joy Behar.
The 48-year-old Kotb, a source told the NY Post, “addresses several of [The View's] needs.
PHOTOS: A Look Back At 2012′s Morning Show War
“She has news experience, which is something The View has not had since Meredith Vieira left. She also adds some diversity to the panel.”
The ABC morning vehicle has undergone many changes in the past few months, as Jenny McCarthy has replaced Elisabeth Hasselbeck, while show creator Barbara Walters announced she’ll be stepping down from her post next spring.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help