Remove this ad

#21 [url]

Mar 29 13 5:18 PM

Yeah but now she has a NY house....
She can now do the View

-preesi

Yeah, I know. That's what I was trying to note when I said this is confirmation that she does in fact live in NY. She has that townhouse that she renovated, but we weren't sure if they were living there year round. Well, if she just bought a house in Southampton it's safe to assume that she probably does reside in NY year round.

Btw, that house she paid $4.3 million for was originally listed for almost $5 million:

http://hamptons.curbed.com/archives/2013/03/29/brooke_shields_makes_sure_nothing_comes_between_her_and_calvin_in_southampton.php

After two years on the market, former New York Giant Vyto Kab has finally sold his Southampton house. Originally listed for $4.995M, the latest asking price was $4.3M. The buyer? Brooke Shields. She, husband Chris Henchy and adorable daughters Rowan and Grier can enjoy the nicely renovated 4500sf 1920s house, with a sleek marble kitchen, gorgeous bathrooms, and six bedrooms. If they get bored in the main house, they can repair to the pool house with its cathedral ceilings, own kitchen and laundry room.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#23 [url]

Mar 30 13 12:46 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's small. That is one hell of a tiny U shaped area in the kitchen. Only one person at a time could ever be in there. Not much cabinet space either. The entire kitchen, dining, family room area is kind of cramped. Certainly not worth $4.3 million, but that's the Hamptons for you. No thanks.I guess this does confirm that she lives in NY. She has that renovated townhome in the city, and now a weekend/summer place in the Hamptons. I still think she would be crazy to do The View. With the news yesterday that next season (2013-2014) will finally be Barbara Walters' last one, I'm hoping they just pull the plug on that show. Reading that they plan on making the entire next season a tribute to and restrospective of BW's career makes me smile thinking the ratings will surely continue to slide throughout that season. Just end it, finally.

-nobodylikesanarcissist_nlan

They should pull the plug.  That show is so bogus and none of them are very bright except for Whoopi and they have had her under a chronic gag order.  How can she not speak up with all the crap on that show?  Oh - and Sherri Shepard should be slapped for her stupidity.  Her lack of intellect is appalling.

Quote    Reply   

#24 [url]

Mar 30 13 1:47 AM

Oh okay Im sorry my brains fried from all the 'Hurry up and wait" bullshit tioday

-preesi

Nothing to be sorry about, P. Re-reading my last post, I'm sorry if the tone sounded bitchy. Totally did not mean it that way. I was just clarifying my previous comment, because I didn't think that I explained what I meant (that Brooke probably does live in NY year round now, which we were debating recently).

Anyway, sorry you had a crappy day, Take it easy tomorrow!

Quote    Reply   

#25 [url]

Mar 30 13 1:58 AM

They should pull the plug.  That show is so bogus and none of them are very bright except for Whoopi and they have had her under a chronic gag order.  How can she not speak up with all the crap on that show?  Oh - and Sherri Shepard should be slapped for her stupidity.  Her lack of intellect is appalling.

-merette

Mer, from what I read at TWoP, Whoopi is stoned half the time (at least). They even joke about it on the show. She dresses like a bag lady most days, looks like she rolled out of bed, smoked a joint, and jumped in a car to go the studio. She cannot read the teleprompter to save her life, stumbles over everything, and very often just sits there through interviews. She doesn't even attempt to hide her lack of interest and disdain for the show, and that she's just there for an easy paycheck.

After some of her comments, most particularly her "rape-rape" comment, I have to disagree that she is the least bit bright.

Quote    Reply   

#27 [url]

Mar 31 13 12:33 AM

What a mess. Shows like that shouldn't even bother with live performances. Just from a production point of view, it would be so much easier to record it before the show and then just cut to the taped bit. No big deal, it's not a concert.

That belch was probably Whoopi. Didn't she pass gas on the show sometime a year or so ago?

Quote    Reply   

#28 [url]

Apr 17 13 5:33 PM

Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don't Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The View

Entertainment April 17, 2013 AT 12:40PM
Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don&squot;t Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The View Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don't Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The View Credit: Jennifer Graylock/Getty
Though Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been fired from The View (moderator Barbara Walters has publicly denied Us Weekly's exclusive report), Whoopi Goldberg isn't concerned about the fate of the morning talk show. During the Vanity Fair party at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City April 16, the 57-year-old told Us she's steering clear of the casting drama.
"Let me tell you this about The View: I take a paycheck every other week. That's all I do. I could give a sh-t what comes. I do my job -- I have a contract. That's where I stand. I don't give a f-ck," Goldberg said.
VIDEO: Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg storm off The View
When producers announce replacements for Hasselbeck and Joy Behar (the co-host recently announced she's leaving the program after 16 years), Goldberg promised she will be courteous as ever. "I try to," she said. "Whatever y'all want. Just make sure my check doesn't bounce!"
PHOTOS: Best-dressed TV hosts
Goldberg added that she's not involved in any casting decisions. "I don't care. That's not my job," she explained. "My job is to show up and be cute by 11 o'clock and get the f-ck off that show by 12. And that's what I try to do."
PHOTOS: The best shows on television
The EGOT winner said she plugs her ears when people discuss rumored replacements for her co-hosts. "I think it's the only way to keep your sanity because these are not decisions that I get to make," Goldberg told Us. "It ain't my show. It's Barbara's show."

Quote    Reply   

#29 [url]

Apr 17 13 9:14 PM

Mer, from what I read at TWoP, Whoopi is stoned half the time (at least). They even joke about it on the show. She dresses like a bag lady most days, looks like she rolled out of bed, smoked a joint, and jumped in a car to go the studio. She cannot read the teleprompter to save her life, stumbles over everything, and very often just sits there through interviews. She doesn't even attempt to hide her lack of interest and disdain for the show, and that she's just there for an easy paycheck.After some of her comments, most particularly her "rape-rape" comment, I have to disagree that she is the least bit bright.

-nobodylikesanarcissist_nlan

I don't watch The View, but have seen many clips. I always assumed that Whoopi laid it on the line.  I guess, based on what you said, she really is only collecting a paycheck.  If I were on that show in Whoopi's place, I'd have to be stoned too to get through it and not smack the crap out of Elisabitch and Shepard.

Quote    Reply   

#30 [url]

Apr 17 13 9:16 PM

Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don't Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The ViewEntertainment April 17, 2013 AT 12:40PM By Zach Johnson [image] Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don't Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The ViewCredit: Jennifer Graylock/Getty Though Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been fired from The View (moderator Barbara Walters has publicly denied Us Weekly's exclusive report), Whoopi Goldberg isn't concerned about the fate of the morning talk show. During the Vanity Fair party at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City April 16, the 57-year-old told Us she's steering clear of the casting drama."Let me tell you this about The View: I take a paycheck every other week. That's all I do. I could give a sh-t what comes. I do my job -- I have a contract. That's where I stand. I don't give a f-ck," Goldberg said.VIDEO: Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg storm off The ViewWhen producers announce replacements for Hasselbeck and Joy Behar (the co-host recently announced she's leaving the program after 16 years), Goldberg promised she will be courteous as ever. "I try to," she said. "Whatever y'all want. Just make sure my check doesn't bounce!"PHOTOS: Best-dressed TV hostsGoldberg added that she's not involved in any casting decisions. "I don't care. That's not my job," she explained. "My job is to show up and be cute by 11 o'clock and get the f-ck off that show by 12. And that's what I try to do."PHOTOS: The best shows on televisionThe EGOT winner said she plugs her ears when people discuss rumored replacements for her co-hosts. "I think it's the only way to keep your sanity because these are not decisions that I get to make," Goldberg told Us. "It ain't my show. It's Barbara's show."

-preesi

Wow.  She looks awful.  She really has let herself go.  She obviously loathes her job and co-hosts.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#31 [url]

Apr 17 13 9:18 PM

I don't watch The View, but have seen many clips. I always assumed that Whoopi laid it on the line.  I guess, based on what you said, she really is only collecting a paycheck.  If I were on that show in Whoopi's place, I'd have to be stoned too to get through it and not smack the crap out of Elisabitch and Shepard.

-merette

She uisually is stoned

Quote    Reply   

#32 [url]

May 13 13 8:19 AM

According to this article, Barbara is retiring:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/2013/05/13/16/36/us-tv-s-barbara-walters-to-retire-at-83

Barbara Walters is retiring.
The US veteran anchor is set to announce on Monday morning on The View that she will retire from TV journalism next year.
US network ABC said in an announcement late on Sunday that, until then, Walters will continue to anchor and report for the network, anchor specials throughout the year, and appear on The View. She will remain executive producer of The View, the weekday talk show she created in 1997.

Quote    Reply   

#33 [url]

May 13 13 9:34 PM

Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don't Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The ViewEntertainment April 17, 2013 AT 12:40PM By Zach Johnson

[image] Whoopi Goldberg: "I Don't Care" Who Replaces Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar on The ViewCredit: Jennifer Graylock/Getty Though Elisabeth Hasselbeck has been fired from The View (moderator Barbara Walters has publicly denied Us Weekly's exclusive report), Whoopi Goldberg isn't concerned about the fate of the morning talk show. During the Vanity Fair party at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York City April 16, the 57-year-old told Us she's steering clear of the casting drama.

"Let me tell you this about The View: I take a paycheck every other week. That's all I do. I could give a sh-t what comes. I do my job -- I have a contract. That's where I stand. I don't give a f-ck," Goldberg said.

VIDEO: Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg storm off The View
When producers announce replacements for Hasselbeck and Joy Behar (the co-host recently announced she's leaving the program after 16 years), Goldberg promised she will be courteous as ever. "I try to," she said. "Whatever y'all want. Just make sure my check doesn't bounce!"

PHOTOS: Best-dressed TV hosts
Goldberg added that she's not involved in any casting decisions. "I don't care. That's not my job," she explained. "My job is to show up and be cute by 11 o'clock and get the f-ck off that show by 12. And that's what I try to do."

PHOTOS: The best shows on television
The EGOT winner said she plugs her ears when people discuss rumored replacements for her co-hosts. "I think it's the only way to keep your sanity because these are not decisions that I get to make," Goldberg told Us. "It ain't my show. It's Barbara's show."

-preesi

I read the TWoP board about The View and it's far more entertaining than the show. Whoopi has ALWAYS been a disgrace on the show. The joke is she rolls out of bed, smokes a joint, and hops in the car to be driven to the studio. She always wears frumpy, tent like clothing, NO bra ever (and she's proud of it), and seems half awake most of the time. She can't read a teleprompter to save her life, doesn't ever bother watching a show or movie, or reading a book before a guest is on (but none of the dipshits on that show do), and many times, doesn't participate at all in the questioning of a guest.

She acts like she's so above the whole thing and they're lucky to have an actress of her caliber on the panel. Even people who were fans of Whoopi as an actress, or initially happy that she joined the show, soon grew to despise her and resent her bitchy attitude taking this high paying gig for granted and doing NOTHING at all to earn her check that she feels she's entitled to merely for showing up every day (or four days a week that they shoot the episodes; they're off on Fridays and pre-tape the Friday shows on another day earlier in the week).

The TWoP board talked about those remarks she made a few weeks ago and it just confirmed what they've all said about her - she doesn't give a shit and is just there for the paycheck she feels she's entitled to. But, they were surprised that she came right out and said it publicly. Since then, the viewers on TWoP have said they've noticed that Whoopi seems more awake, tuned into the discussions, and making an effort. They figure the press Whoopi's outrgaeous remarks got finally made Barbara Walters tell her to get her shit together and do her freaking job.

Quote    Reply   

#34 [url]

May 13 13 9:44 PM

According to this article, Barbara is retiring:
[url]
Barbara Walters is retiring.
The US veteran anchor is set to announce on Monday morning on The View that she will retire from TV journalism next year.
US network ABC said in an announcement late on Sunday that, until then, Walters will continue to anchor and report for the network, anchor specials throughout the year, and appear on The View. She will remain executive producer of The View, the weekday talk show she created in 1997.

-ozntm

I haven't read the TWop board about it yet, but Barbara's acting like this is big news when it's basically what everyone said back in March when the retirement rumors began. So, I guess she officially confirmed it today, but it's no surprise. From what I've read at TWoP, Barbara has noticeably deteriorated the last few years and should have left a few seasons back, maybe after she had her heart surgery a few years ago. She often blurts out rude nasty remarks with no filter to the celebrities they're interviewing, and makes for a lot of awkward and uncomfortable moments.

She probably wants to stay through next season because Joy is leaving at the end of this season, and HOPEFULLY, Elisabitch will go too. People at TWoP are dreading next season because it will be an entire season devoted to Barbara and her career. She already shows so many clips of past interviews she's done whenever some celebrity or politician she's interviewed has died or is in the news. It's ALWAYS about Barbara. A whole season in her honor is going to be far too much to take.

This show has devolved into a complete and total disgrace ever since they hired  moron Sherri Shepard. With Barbara retiring, they need to just kill the show for good.

Quote    Reply   

#35 [url]

May 13 13 9:52 PM

NLAN, ABC made SUCH a big deal out of this today.  BW was on EVERY daytime show and on every segment of the evening news tonight (at least 3 times between 4 and 7 p.m.).  I guess she's the new Robin Roberts.  I hope this doesn't turn into "A Year of Saying Goodbye to Baba Wawa."

gift of grab

Quote    Reply   

#36 [url]

May 13 13 10:09 PM

NLAN, ABC made SUCH a big deal out of this today.  BW was on EVERY daytime show and on every segment of the evening news tonight (at least 3 times between 4 and 7 p.m.).  I guess she's the new Robin Roberts.  I hope this doesn't turn into "A Year of Saying Goodbye to Baba Wawa."

-bjcongelosi

BJ, I didn't realize that, haven't seen anything since this morning. I'll have to read TWoP later.

I hate to tell you, but it IS going to be the one year long feting and goodbye to Barbara Walters.

Quote    Reply   

#39 [url]

May 20 13 9:44 PM

I just saw this linked at the TWoP board for The View:

Barbara Walters' Daughter Busted For DUI
Exclusive
0520-jacqueline-danforth-mug
Barbara Walters
' daughter -- whose troubled childhood was chronicled in Barbara's biography and in several TV specials -- was arrested for DUI in Florida on Sunday, TMZ has learned.

According to the Collier County Sheriff's Office, 44-year-old Jacqueline Danforth was popped near Naples, FL.  The details surrounding the arrest are unclear.

It's an especially sad story considering Jacqueline made a public vow to get her life on track, following some turbulent teenage years filled with clubbing and substance use.

In fact, Jackie ran a wilderness program for troubled girls in northern Maine for years ... but it appears to have closed in 2008.

FYI -- Jacqueline was adopted as an infant by Walters and then-husband Lee Guber in 1968 -- before divorcing in 1976.

As for the DUI arrest, the Collier County Sheriff's Office website says she's been released from custody on $1,000 bond.

A rep for Barbara Walters had no comment.
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/20/barbara-walters-daugther-former-teen-terror-popped-for-dui/#ixzz2Tt4qy8vf

Quote    Reply   

#40 [url]

May 20 13 9:48 PM

That looks like my oldest sister!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help