Remove this ad

Lead

Mar 8 13 3:58 PM

Tags : :

Exclusive: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving The View After Nine Years, Viewers Found Her "Too Extreme and Right Wing"

Celebrity News March 8, 2013 AT 2:00PM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck Elisabeth Hasselbeck Credit: ABC/BOB D'AMICO
The people have spoken. Elisabeth Hasselbeck, one of the five cohorts of ABC's daytime talk show The View, will not be returning to the couch next season, following hot on the footsteps of fellow cohost Joy Behar, a source tells Us Weekly.
According to the source, the show's resident conservative voice is being ousted after market research revealed that she isn't popular with TV audiences.
PHOTOS: Best-dressed TV hosts
"The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right wing," the insider tells Us. "People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed."
Hasselbeck, 35, joined the cast of the daytime talk show in November 2003 after guest-hosting the show following Lisa Ling's departure in 2002.
VIDEO: Joy Behar and Whoopi Goldberg storm off The View
Throughout the course of her time on The View, she has gotten into numerous arguments with her cohosts, including a heated argument with Rosie O'Donnell in 2007 over the War in Afghanistan and with Barbara Walters over Mitt Romney in 2012.
Earlier this week, Behar, 70, announced her own departure from the show after 16 1/2 years.
PHOTOS: Funniest female stars in Hollywood
"You can't stay forever on a show," she told Good Morning America. "I am graciously exiting stage left. I've put in 16 1/2 years and felt the time was right. I want to explore other opportunities."
Adds the source to Us: "Joy says it just felt ... tired and like work. She was over it."
Behar has been with the talk show since its inception in 1997, and currently hosts Joy Behar: Say Anything! on Current TV.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Mar 8 13 4:39 PM

Hahaha,

They should just CAN the whole show, I've STOPPED watching this mess.
If you suppress all negative opinions on a guest b/c your parent company have personal interests involved, you have no business calling yourself a Talk Show, more like a Informercial.
They lost me for good when they put the muzzle on Whoopie.

Maybe Hasslebitch can get a job with Rush Limpdick, I heard he was looking for a female conservative spokesperson who's not afraid to bash other women.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Mar 9 13 9:59 AM

[Blind Gossip] Everybody is lying about the casting change on this TV show! Here is the inside story: One of the stars of a TV show leaked some personal info to the press about a famous actor. Bad move.
The actor’s friend, an industry powerhouse who works with the star, was shocked when they found out that the star was the leaker. They couldn’t believe that the star would be so indiscreet and so disloyal! So Powerhouse promptly fired the star. OK, well not exactly fired. But Powerhouse told Star that their contract “will not be renewed.” In television, that’s basically the same thing as being fired (minus all the legal fuss).
Because the show doesn’t want a big controversy about cast member changes (which has happened before), everyone is pretending that it was Star’s decision to leave the show, and that Powerhouse is very sad about it.
Ha! Those are both lies. Star would never have left such a cushy job voluntarily! However, they made an unforgivable mistake by crossing the Powerhouse and being disloyal, and they are now paying the ultimate price for it.
Live by the big mouth, die by the big mouth.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Mar 9 13 10:34 AM

http://www.showbiz411.com/2013/03/08/exclusive-brooke-shields-likely-to-join-the-view-now-that-joy-elizabeth-are-leaving

Exclusive: Brooke Shields “Likely” To Join “The View” Now that Joy, Elizabeth Are Leaving
03/08/13 7:39pmRoger Friedman

Big day on Barbara Walters’s “The View”: I can tell you exclusively that the likely new member of the panel is Brooke Shields. Sources say Barbara Walters really wants her. Shields is a Princeton graduate, very articulate and the right age– 47, believe it or not. She will also be a great Hollywood connection for the bookers, and she’s a mom. I’m told the deal isn’t done yet, but it’s thisclose (no typo there) to being signed. Brooke is an excellent choice.
Meantime, the sad news is that Joy Behar is leaving after 17 years. My sources say “she’s just had enough. She wants to try new things.” Walters loved her, and I’m sure she’s sad to see her go. Behar, it’s strongly said, may be returning to Headline News for her own talk show again. I never understood why she left HLN in the first place. I was a guest many times on that show and an avid viewer. Joy rocks.
Leaving with no tears from most is Elisabeth Hasselbeck. She was not popular with viewers. She was extremely right wing, and did not voice what women at home wanted to hear about just about anything. During Rosie O’Donnell’s time, EH was miserable to behold. Guests aren’t prone to speaking with her, she never matured into anything but the annoying neighbor who didn’t grow with the times.

‘The View” will still look for a fifth anchor, someone maybe in their 30s. And maybe a reporter, since Walters — though she rebounded like a champ this week–is showing signs of her age. But that’s not to suggest Barbara is retiring. She will still be on ABC when it’s just a digital signal blinking from space.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Mar 9 13 6:27 PM

Brooke Shields ‘Likely’ To Join The View After Elisabeth Hasselbeck Given Walking Papers

The View is changing yet again with insiders saying Brooke Shields will be joining the chaotic and cast challenged ABC morning show!

The news comes hot on the heels of Joy Behar‘s announcement that she’ll be leaving the show and a shocking report that Elisabeth Hasselbeck‘s contract hasn’t been renewed.

According to the website showbiz411, it’s “likely” Brooke will be joining The View next season. Showbiz411′s sources say the show’s den mother, Barbara Walters, really wants Brooke because 47-year-old actress, who has already guest hosted on The View, has all the right stuff to appeal to fans. She’s articulate, has Hollywood connections perfect for nabbing interviews, is the right age, and is a mom!

The View has been its own “hot topic” since Joy Behar announced she was quitting after 17 years. Then, as RadarOnline.com recently reported, sources say Elisabeth Hasselbeck will also not be back next season. According to US Weekly, Elisabeth was judged to be “too extreme and right wing” to remain on the show.

According to Showbiz411, although The View deal with Brooke isn’t yet done, it’s close!

src

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Mar 18 13 6:54 AM

Barbara Walters Was Doing Damage Control! Elisabeth Hasselbeck IS Getting Fired From The View!

| Filed under: TV NewsBarbara WaltersElisabeth HasselbeckJoy Behar
elisabeth hasselbeck still fired
Well, whattya know?
Guess Elisabeth Hasselbeck will still be getting the heave-ho from The View, after all!
Just not as quickly as Barbara Walters would have originally liked, apparently!
According to sources close to the long-running talk series, the iconic journalist was LIVID when news leaked about her conservative co-host's impending exit, and to attempt damage control, went on air last week to deny the reports!
However, insiders maintain: Read the rest of this entry »
[Image via WENN.]

Barbara Walters is furious that an embarrassing leak about the plans to replace Elizabeth Hasselbeck on The View forced her to say otherwise on the show last week, the New York Post is reporting.
Reports that Hasselbeck was being canned went viral March 8, resulting in Walters, who is also executive producer of the show, to make the unconvincing denial last Monday, saying “We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show.”
PHOTOS: The Name Game – Celebs Who’ve Changed Their Names
“ABC is desperate to freshen up the show,” the source told The Post. “Dumping Joy Behar, who was there 16 years, and Hasselbeck would be the fastest way to do it, they decided. After giving Behar the bad news last week and letting her bow out gracefully, someone leaked the Hasselbeck thing. Some enemies she has on the show saw their chance to get back at her. Barbara was spitting mad that it got mishandled.”
Hasselbeck may have been given a brief retrieve, the source says, but she’s “toast” as to any long term future on the show.
PHOTOS: Hollywood’s Most Charitable Stars
A rep for The View denied that Walters is angry, saying, “She loves these women and wants what’s best for them.”
As RadarOnline.com  previously reported, Brooke Shields  is a leading candidate to join The View panel.

Elisabeth Hasselbeck's Days At 'The View' Are Reportedly Numbered: New York Post

Posted: 03/17/2013 11:02 am EDT  |  Updated: 03/17/2013 1:23 pm EDT
Sources have told The New York Post that Elisabeth Hasselbeck’s days at “The View” are numbered, despite Barbara Walters saying otherwise.
It was recently reported that Hasselbeck is getting ousted from the show because her conservative views clashed with the audience. Speaking on air, Walters later insisted that there were “no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show.” The rumors came on the heels of Joy Behar’s announcement that she will leave the show when her contract is up in August.
The New York Post reported on Saturday, however, that “The View” does plan to get rid of Hasselbeck. Sources told the newspaper that ABC wanted to “freshen” the show in the face of flagging ratings.
“Dumping Joy Behar, who was there 16 years, and Hasselbeck would be the fastest way to do it, they decided,” a source said. “After giving Behar the bad news last week and letting her bow out gracefully, someone leaked the Hasselbeck thing. Some enemies she has on the show saw their chance to get back at her. Barbara was spitting mad that it got mishandled, and called off the firing over [last] weekend.”
Walters recently called the story about Hasselbeck "particularly false," and said that Behar's departure will be "bittersweet." Behar told viewers that "it seemed like the right time" to exit, and that she will leave to pursue other things on her plate.
The Hollywood Reporter reported on an audience study commissioned by "The View." Hasselbeck and Behar were reportedly deemed too "polarizing," and many viewers did not like the show's political debates.
Possible replacements for Behar, according to the Post's sources, are Ali Wentworth, Christie Brinkley and Brooke Shields. Wentworth is reportedly the favorite because she is a comedian and the wife of George Stephanopoulos, another ABC News star. A source added that the show "won't rush" to find a new co-host, but will test out a number of guest hosts.
When asked about the rumors, a spokesperson for "The View" referred back to Walters' comments, saying, "This was all addressed on Monday’s show. [Walters] is not the least bit angry. She loves these women and wants what’s best for them. Everything else is speculation. Producers haven’t begun to search for a new co-host. We have no further comment."

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Mar 18 13 10:44 AM

Its sad, they almost HAVE to keep her now,

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Mar 18 13 6:53 PM

I think Ellen's wife would be a good addition.  Portia is her name.  I love her when she was on Ally McBeal.

-gkway

Not gonna happen The Views in NYC, Ellen tapes in Cali

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Mar 19 13 6:47 PM

I just have to say that as much as we all hate Hasselbitch, even she is better than Kreider when it comes to grifting for freebies. I was reading something about her just now and decided to check her Twitter out. I scrolled down a bit and saw a Twitter conversation that she had with someone who invented a product on that show Shark Tank. I don't watch the show and know nothing about this woman or her product, it's just what I can figure out from her Twitter and her website. I clicked on her Twitter and then her website, and I have to say that I think these beach towel/cover-ups she makes for kids are hideous and extremely dorky (especially for boys!), but that's beside the point.

The point is that from what I can tell, this woman is the one who tweeted Hasselbitch first, with a pic of Hasselbitch stopping by what looks like her booth at a trade show. When Hasslebitch replied to the woman's tweet, look what followed: